Thursday 19 September 2013

summer - part two

Summer has left as abruptly as it had arrived.  It doesn't seem so long ago that we were running around in the garden in Sturget barefoot, waterfights giving us cool relief from the summer heat.  There are many ways to quench your thirst ... but in Bordeaux there is only one way, as JB and Olivier show us.


As with the last ten summers (except last year, when we were on our world trip), we spent a week hiking in the Pyrenees with my father in law.  This time we were in the Catalan Pyrenees region.  Although we had one freezing day, the weather was exceptionally good.  A memorable week (the sights, an almost-raging bull in our tracks, falconry demonstrations, even the freezing day), I'll let the photos speak for themselves.




















The girls were pretty impressive; we walked four to six hours everyday.  I must admit, we occasionally had to dangle a carrot. Sometimes a magazine, a little trinket.  Or a saucisson, in Anaïs' case.  So while the temperature drops and raincoats and umbrellas are selling on every street corner, I picture myself lying under the shade of that tree looking at flying falcons in the sky, my bare feet tickled by the rustling grass and I am somewhat comforted.  Just let me go turn the heating on and all will be perfect!



No comments:

Post a Comment