Monday 21 May 2012

did you hear me?

The oddest compliment I've ever had was this: "Great pair of lungs you have!".  Well, not so odd if you picture me getting out of a boat, having just jumped off a bridge in very picturesque surroundings with a rubber band tied to my legs.  And I was crazy enough to do this not once, but twice (many years ago).  Bungy jumping was all the craze then, and I have my two Certificates of Fearlessness to show for it!

Would I do it again?  My lungs protest and I think I have proved my fearlessness already, so no.  But try as I might, I cannot fathom what insanity took hold of me that day.  Perhaps it was just the recklessness of youth.  These days, going up a gondola turn my legs to jelly and doing the luge may be the most extreme sport I do.  Excuse me while I scream...






No comments:

Post a Comment