Sunday 16 September 2012

le gourmand



My current favourite thing to eat is soba noodle salad.  When we were in NY, my friend Kay made this for dinner one evening. Thank you Kay and Nicolas.  I was hooked.  There is a little Japanese grocer very near to where we live, so I headed there last week.  I made this for dinner two nights in a row.  

What's great is you can prepare everything in advance and everyone can create his/her own version.  This is our self-serve assembly line.  


Some can't wait and sneak a pre-taste at the assembly line.


Of the same pod, but never liking the same things!


Anais made hers with edamame beans, sweet corn, cucumber and a generous sprinkle of sesame seeds.


Gourmand translates roughly to being greedy.  In context: "Je n'ai plus faim mais je suis un gourmand!"

No comments:

Post a Comment